Pulsar 2.0 & benchmarks

lsbardel

Nov 20, 2017, 6:11:35 PM11/20/17
to python-pulsar
Hello,

Pulsar 2.0 is nearly ready to be released to pypi, all testes are passing and the API is now fixed.
Pulsar 2.0 will bring a new API, slightly different from the 1.x versions and a much improved performance.

All the

pulsar.apps

will work as before but internals are will be imported via the

pulsar.api

module.

Pulsar 2.0 is much faster than 1.x, more than 10x faster.
I've created a repository for tracking performance against other HTTP servers.
I'll add pages for TCP performance too in due course.

Pulsar is the second faster behind sanic for smallish payloads, it is the best for larger ones (comparable with aiohttp).

Documentation will need to be updated.

Luca