How to compile pymite onto STM32F4 and get first blink??

kittipon meesompop

Nov 25, 2013, 2:45:48 AM11/25/13
to python-o...@googlegroups.com
Hello together,
i am trying to compile pymite by "scons PLATFORM=stm32f4"
and user the linker "./stlink/st-util fu bar"
and the gdb
        ./sat/bin/arm-none-eabi-gdb
        target extended localhost:4242
        load ~/pymite/src/platform/stm32f4/main.elf
        continue

i modified main.py to do an easy blinking but nothing happens :(
can someone explain please what am i doing wrong or do i miss some steps else?

bard stéphane

Nov 25, 2013, 1:49:09 PM11/25/13
to python-o...@googlegroups.com
after the line "load ~/pymite/src/platform/stm32f4/main.elf"
can you dump what's in the console ?
Are you sure your program has been drop to stm32f4 ?

did you have an oscilloscope ?
a good Volt meter ?
did you test the pin volt ?

it's hard to debug without using FOCA (it's not expensive) ...
it's like being blind :(

Le 25/11/2013 08:45, kittipon meesompop a �crit :
> --
> --
> You are subscribed to the "python-on-a-chip" (or p14p for short)
> Google Group.
> Site: http://groups.google.com/group/python-on-a-chip
>
> ---

kittipon meesompop

Nov 25, 2013, 4:58:56 PM11/25/13
to python-o...@googlegroups.com
thanks for advice. I have recently sent an email to my professor to order the foca. I am in Germany, i think the shipping would take more costs, but no matter.

i have oscilloscope and voltmeter but i did not measure anything yet, because i think i should see light on LED.
the loading seems to be all right but now i am not sure if the connection type (usb instead usart) is correct.
i hope if i got the FOCA. It will work.

On Monday, November 25, 2013 7:49:09 PM UTC+1, tuck wrote:
after the line "load ~/pymite/src/platform/stm32f4/main.elf"
can you dump what's in the console ?
Are you sure your program has been drop to stm32f4 ?

did you have an oscilloscope ?
a good Volt meter ?
did you test the pin volt ?

it's hard to debug without using FOCA (it's not expensive) ...
it's like being blind :(

Le 25/11/2013 08:45, kittipon meesompop a �crit :

bard stéphane

Nov 26, 2013, 2:47:27 PM11/26/13
to python-o...@googlegroups.com
if your frequency is too high you won't see anything but oscilloscope could help you.
don't forget that if transition are too fast the led won't react ...
that's how pwm work ...

kittipon meesompop

Dec 2, 2013, 3:31:50 PM12/2/13
to python-o...@googlegroups.com
Hi tuck,
now i got the FOCA and connected Tx to PA3 and Rx to PA2. I can not load anything via stlink anymore.

i also stil can not make ipm and got these errors.
make -C src/platform/desktop64 cleanvmpath
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/kittipon/pymite/src/platform/desktop64'
make[1]: *** No rule to make target `cleanvmpath'.  Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/kittipon/pymite/src/platform/desktop64'
make: *** [ipm] Error 2

i would like to ask wether i am missing some steps and did something wrong.