Compiling on Mac Lion, python 2.7, Xcode 4 and llvmgcc42

SinyavskiyOleg

Jan 19, 2012, 11:36:59 AM1/19/12
to Python Ogre Developers
Hi,

I have a lot of troubles with compiling python-ogre on my machine
(Lion, python 2.7, llvmgcc42, xcode 4).
I follow these instruction: http://wiki.python-ogre.org/index.php/OSXBuildV2,
but it fails on every step.

I managed compile ogre itself manually with xcode 4 (at least it looks
like I obtained ogre.framework with headers and binaries inside).

However, I cannot succeed with "Generate the wrapper code" step:
python python-ogre/BuildModule.py -v -g ogre

Here is the error I have:
File "/Users/olegsinyavskiy/development/root/usr/lib/python2.7/site-
packages/pyplusplus/module_builder/boost_python_builder.py", line 138,
in __parse_declarations
decls = reader.read_files( files, compilation_mode )
File "build/bdist.macosx-10.7-intel/egg/pygccxml/parser/
project_reader.py", line 217, in read_files
File "build/bdist.macosx-10.7-intel/egg/pygccxml/parser/
project_reader.py", line 254, in __parse_file_by_file
File "build/bdist.macosx-10.7-intel/egg/pygccxml/parser/
source_reader.py", line 179, in create_xml_file
pygccxml.parser.source_reader.gccxml_runtime_error_t: Error occured
while running GCC-XML: gccxml_cc1plus: error: unrecognized option `
-F/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.7.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks

-F is the darwin-specific option in order to include frameworks to the
build. However gccxml can not understand it for some reason.

Strangely enough, the next steps execute without errors.
python python-ogre/BuildModule.py -v -c ogre
python python-ogre/BuildModule.py -b install

However if I try import ogre.renderer.OGRE as ogre
I get:
ImportError: dlopen(/Library/Python/2.7/site-packages/ogre/renderer/
OGRE/_ogre_.so, 2): Library not loaded: libboost_python.dylib
Referenced from: /Library/Python/2.7/site-packages/ogre/renderer/OGRE/
_ogre_.so
Reason: image not found

Is this error related to "generate wrapper code error"? Does anyone
has any ideas? I'll be grateful for any help! Thanks!