Re: OIS copyKeyStates invocation?

dermont

Apr 10, 2013, 5:02:56 AM4/10/13
to python-ogre...@googlegroups.com
Yep it appears to be broken it will not return anything, it needs updating. What version of python-ogre are you using? Are you building from source?; if so I could implement a quick fix.

Maybe you could describe what you use it for (I'm assuming buffered input or keyboard combinations) to see if there is a workaround.

On Tuesday, April 2, 2013 4:59:59 PM UTC+8, Vijay Varadan wrote:
Hello Folks,

Not sure if this is the right forum for this question, but the user forum link on the python-ogre.com website is dead, so trying here.

I tried to get the state of the keys pressed by passing an empty string as well as passing a string filled with 256 zeros to copyKeyStates, but the input string continues to be empty. Calling the function this way seems to be odd, since python strings are immutable. I was unable to find any python sample code that calls copyKeyStates, so I would appreciate help with the correct invocation.

Thanks,
Vijay

Vijay Varadan

Apr 11, 2013, 10:50:11 PM4/11/13
to python-ogre...@googlegroups.com

Hey Dermont,

Thanks for taking a look at this. I've been using the pre-built binaries so far, but can build from source if needed.

I have a workaround - loop through and check for isKeyDown(kc_XXXXX), store it in a list and process it.

--

Vijay

dermont

Apr 13, 2013, 6:52:10 AM4/13/13
to python-ogre...@googlegroups.com
>>>I have a workaround - loop through and check for isKeyDown(kc_XXXXX), store it in a list and process it.

Yeah as a workaround to copyKeyStates it's pretty much what I would have suggested.