Re: [python-ogre] Digest for python-ogre-developers@googlegroups.com - 3 Messages in 2 Topics

Joe Crawford

Aug 18, 2010, 11:32:17 PM8/18/10
to python-ogre...@googlegroups.com
> 2. *PYPY*: More of a JIT compiler which recently added a 'ctypes' style
> interface -- I've done initial work to show that Boost can be compiled
> against it and now looking at testing a module or two (OIS for example)

I've done some (admittedly simple) tests with the JIT compiler and
PYPY. I was floored by the performance difference. Simple math code
with +.-./,* operators was over ten times faster.

I love the Python Ogre system, and anything to speed it up would be fantastic.

In particular, the place where performance is problematic is in the
listeners for collisions in physics system. (All the python logic
that runs for each collision.) Anything that could speed up that
sort of thing would be awesome, and maybe PYPY can help!

I have to say, I'm loving PYPY so far, and the first thing I thought
after I tried it was "man this would rule with PythonOgre!"

Thanks again for giving us Python Ogre! I really love it.

Sincerely,

Joe Crawford
Owner - Celestine Studios   and   Joetainment Enterprises
Cell: 604-866-3050
Email: joeta...@gmail.com
Web: http://celestinestudios.com