Re: Compiling on Ubuntu 12.10

dermont

Feb 20, 2013, 12:41:56 PM2/20/13
to python-ogre...@googlegroups.com
Best to use svn (the 1.7.2 branch?)

Try freeglut3-dev instead of libglut3-dev:
http://www.ogre3d.org/addonforums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=29564

For 12.04/12.10 use the apt version of gccxml.
>> sudo apt-get install gccxml
http://www.ogre3d.org/addonforums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7134&start=165

Any other issues you can post here or on the addons forum.

On Wednesday, February 20, 2013 6:58:50 PM UTC+8, elmarquez wrote:
Has anyone had any luck compiling Python Ogre on Ubuntu 12.10?  I've downloaded both the 1.6.4 and 1.7.2 branches from the repository and neither build process works out of the box.  Using 1.6.4 as an example, the dependency check fails on the clementtree and libglut3-dev dependencies. If one skips that and just tries to start building, the call to "python python-ogre/BuildModule.py -r cg pygccxml gccxml" fails when fetching gccxml.

Other postings about python-ogre and Ubuntu are mostly a few years old already.

Davis

dermont

Feb 20, 2013, 12:58:59 PM2/20/13
to python-ogre...@googlegroups.com
>>>Best to use svn (the 1.7.2 branch?)
Sorry this was meant to say that you should use python-ogre svn trunk which I believe is set-up to build against ogre 1.7.2.

Aleh Arol

Feb 20, 2013, 11:47:19 PM2/20/13
to python-ogre...@googlegroups.com, elmarquez
Can you post what is the exact failure message?
You also can always manually try the same commands as BuildModule does,
fix any issues and then fix BuildModule paths or whatever.
I have 1.7.3 built with quantal - however I intentionally didn't use
build system provided with python-ogre and rather made a set of gentoo
portage like scripts to build the dependencies required for me.

Just in case you'll be so patient to check it out:
https://bitbucket.org/Aleh_Arol/blackcloud_deps

20.02.2013 02:58, elmarquez пишет:
> Has anyone had any luck compiling Python Ogre on Ubuntu 12.10? I've
> downloaded both the 1.6.4 and 1.7.2 branches from the repository and
> neither build process works out of the box. Using 1.6.4 as an example,
> the dependency check fails on the clementtree and libglut3-dev
> dependencies. If one skips that and just tries to start building, the
> call to "python python-ogre/BuildModule.py -r cg pygccxml gccxml" fails
> when fetching gccxml.
>
> Other postings about python-ogre and Ubuntu are mostly a few years old
> already.
>
> Davis
>

> --
> Visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/python-ogre-developers?hl=en.

Best regards,
Aleh Arol

dermont

Feb 23, 2013, 6:21:41 AM2/23/13
to python-ogre...@googlegroups.com
bjam and boost headers should be included with the libboost1.48-dev package, so could just install libboost-python1.48-dev / libboost1.48-dev from apt instead of building via the python-ogre scripts. You can just comment out bjam from the 00-PreReqs.sh script.

The thread from  the link I gave will probably help.
http://www.ogre3d.org/addonforums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7134&start=165

On Saturday, February 23, 2013 6:33:38 PM UTC+8, elmarquez wrote:
i've replaced libglut3-dev with freeglut3-dev in the 00-PreReqs.sh script. My current issue is that the bjam package is not available for my distribution.

Package bjam is not available, but is referred to by another package.
is only available from another source
However the following packages replace it:
  libboost1.48-dev:i386 libboost1.46-dev:i386 libboost1.48-dev libboost1.46-dev
E: Package 'bjam' has no installation candidate

The most recent bjam package is a number of years old.

Is this something that others are compiling from source?

Davis