Getting Hydrax to work under Linux

Gareth

Aug 13, 2010, 1:14:47 AM8/13/10
to Python Ogre Developers
Hi. I would really appreciate it if someone could point me in the
right direction. I am trying to get the Hydrax Demo to work on Ubuntu
10.04. I used the install script for build v4 on the Python-Ogre wiki.
Everything else seems to work fine.

This is what I assume I have to do:
use BuildModule.py to generate the wrapper and install the module.

Is that correct? I believe that Hydrax 0.5 is not out-of-the-box
compatible with Ogre 1.7 ( which is what python-ogre 1.6.4 uses?), so
is this a problem I have to consider?

Please give me some guidance :) I have been spending days on this and
really want to move on!
If

Thanks,
Gareth

Gareth

Aug 17, 2010, 7:31:49 PM8/17/10
to Python Ogre Developers
Nevermind, I got it working. See this thread if interested:
http://www.ogre3d.org/addonforums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13211&p=74237#p74237

Andy Miller

Aug 18, 2010, 12:12:21 AM8/18/10
to python-ogre-developers
Glad to hear this got sorted (I don't have a working Linux machine at the moment so couldn't help)..

Would you mind posting the patch or new source file on sourceforge tracker and I'll incorporate it into the overall PythonOgre build -- or send it to this mailing list would also work assuming it's smallish...

Thanks
Andy