PYNW October Meeting

Lucy

Oct 14, 2021, 3:35:28 PM10/14/21
to python-n...@googlegroups.com
Hi

Our October event will be taking place next Thursday, 21st October at 6pm on Zoom.

Joe Allen, from PyDataMCR and the UK Data Service will be talking about "Working with Twitter Data"

For more details and access to the event, sign up on Meetup

Twitter has recently been a fantastic source of data. Never before has an individual been able to so trivially access historic opinions and watch them develop over time.

In this talk Joe will cover:
• Why social media data is useful
• Why Twitter is a great data source
• Data collection from Twitter

There will be some programming in Python, but beyond this, he will offer some alternatives to attendees who don't know Python.

This session will take place over Zoom. Participation (and use of video) won't be required, but there will be an opportunity to ask questions and speak to others in the Python community.

Our sessions are greatly aided by people volunteering to talk, if you'd like to do that, please get in touch. We're also looking for speakers for our sessions in 2022, please reach out if you'd like to get involved.

Best wishes
Lucy