LambdaLounge July (online) Mon 20th July: Scala - Anton and Olivier from Disney+. IO Monad, Cats effect, and Weaver test

Hakim C

Jul 13, 2020, 8:48:12 AM7/13/20
to lambda-loung...@googlegroups.com, nwrug-...@googlegroups.com, northwestengland.pm, python-n...@googlegroups.com, xp-man...@googlegroups.com
Hope you are all safe and well! Our next LambdaLounge (in conjunction with Scala Manchester) is next week on the internets!

Please book your FREE Ticket and tell your friends :-)

This month we have a talk on functional Scala and effect types. This is a shared meetup with Scala Manchester.

This month we have Anton and Olivier from Disney Streaming Services will talk about effect types in Scala, what they are, why they matter, and introduce the Cats Effect project.
Then they will introduce a new test framework, Weaver Test, that they have built using Cats Effect in Scala.