Lambda Lounge Oct 2019 - Learn RIO for application development in Haskell with Dan Firth

Hakim C

Oct 13, 2019, 11:58:54 AM10/13/19
to lambda-loung...@googlegroups.com, nwrug-...@googlegroups.com, northwestengland.pm, python-n...@googlegroups.com, xp-man...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Our next meeting is on Monday 21st October:

Learn about RIO, a standard library for developing applications in Haskell. Suitable for beginners and experienced Haskell programmers alike

7pm at Barclays Eagle Labs in Albert Square.
Please register if you're interested in attending: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/dan-firth-haskell-applications-programming-in-rio-tickets-76108768375

Hakim & the other LL organisers

P.S. If you'd like to speak, either at this month's event or any future one, get in touch!  We're supportive of both new and experienced speakers, and have a wide variety of formats from full-evening workshops to short lightning talks.

Hakim C

Oct 20, 2019, 4:44:49 AM10/20/19
to lambda-loung...@googlegroups.com, nwrug-...@googlegroups.com, northwestengland.pm, python-n...@googlegroups.com, xp-man...@googlegroups.com
Happy weekend everyone!  Our Haskell session with Dan Firth is tomorrow!
(Or "today" if you're reading this email on Monday).

Hope to see you there!
Hakim and the LambdaLounge gang

Hakim C

Mar 15, 2020, 7:48:35 AM3/15/20
to lambda-loung...@googlegroups.com, nwrug-...@googlegroups.com, northwestengland.pm, python-n...@googlegroups.com, xp-man...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Just wanted to confirm that this month's LambdaLounge is cancelled.

Hope to see you all in April.  Please do get in touch if you have any talks you'd like to give/suggest for a future meeting!

All the best,
Hakim & the LambdaLounge crew

Hakim C

Jun 12, 2020, 6:16:00 AM6/12/20
to lambda-loung...@googlegroups.com, nwrug-...@googlegroups.com, northwestengland.pm, python-n...@googlegroups.com, xp-man...@googlegroups.com
Hi all, hope you are all safe and well in Lockdown!

After a bit of a gap (sorry about that!) we're back and going online! We've two two talks for you this month.

Please sign up at https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/lambda-lounge-june-2020-lightning-talks-tickets-108986934856

Jorge Gueorguiev Garcia - Lessons from doing production FP

On my first FP (Clojure) production project, I discovered that my approach was incorrect. This is a quick view of my errors and what I did to overcome them.

Conor Farrell - Kotlin for Scala Developers, and vice versa

Having finally managed to get paid to write all the major JVM languages, I'll compare and contrast the two most recent, Scala and Kotlin.

Obviously in the strange times that we live in we can't go to the pub after the talks, however please do join us on our new discord server: https://discord.com/invite/mQ9gGQN
We are still getting setup with this, so let us know if there is anything you would like to see on there.

NB: we do have space for more Lightning Talk (5-10 min) submissions, if you'd like to speak, so do get in touch!

All the best from the LL organisers!