British Science Association

Chris Maiden

Mar 5, 2021, 2:56:16 PM3/5/21
to python-n...@googlegroups.com
Hi folks,

I've received a message from someone I worked with at the Wellcome Trust who has a contact at the British Science Association... they're in need of some help:

"The British Science Association are looking for a Python developer, would you or do you know any freelance devs who might be interested in helping?

Not sure the extent of the work, would guess at least a few weeks to start with but then they would like someone they can call on in future."

And a bit later I got some more information...

"Sadly their last developer died, it would be great for them to get some better support.

We’re looking for quick fix to the website in the very short term – when someone creates a log on to be able to post an event, they aren’t receiving a confirmation email to enable them to create an account.

But in the longer term, we’re looking for someone to take over as developer of the Science Live to make any future changes to the site that we need.

Plus we’re looking for a Python developer to work on the interface between our CREST data warehouse and Tableau. That’s probably a few days work. The below is taken from the draft RfP that’s been put together.

We need a new programme, written in python, that can take multiple CSVs from the two current platforms and one legacy platform, and create a single data set. The programme will also supplement the data from additional CSVs – for example government databases on schools. The programme will create a CSV that can be viewed in Tableau and reported on."

If anyone has availability and is interested, please do let me know.

--
Regards,

Chris