PYNW April Meeting

Lucy

Mar 17, 2022, 2:23:58 PM3/17/22
to python-n...@googlegroups.com
Hi

Our next event will be taking place on Thursday, 21st April at 6pm on Zoom.

Jonathan Stott, Head of Data Engineering for Evergreen Life, will be introducing us to SQL and interacting with databases from your Python programs. He'll cover what SQL is, why you might want to use it, how you interact with SQL datastores from python, as well as some introductory SQL queries. Along the way, he’ll introduce concepts like Object-Relational Mappers (ORMs) and why you may or may not want to use them, and the SQL database available in the python standard library!

For more details and access to the event, sign up on Meetup

This session will take place over Zoom. Participation (and use of video) won't be required, but there will be an opportunity to ask questions and speak to others in the Python community.

Our sessions are greatly aided by people volunteering to talk, if you'd like to do that, please get in touch. We're also looking for volunteers to help organise our events, so if you're interested in getting more involved with the community, please drop me an email.

Best wishes
Lucy

Lucy

Apr 19, 2022, 1:46:58 PM4/19/22
to python-n...@googlegroups.com
Just a reminder that our next event is happening this Thursday, at 6pm over Zoom.

Details below.