September's Python Meet up -- get your tickets!

Rowan Hargreaves

Aug 26, 2013, 1:52:03 AM8/26/13
to python-n...@googlegroups.com
We're back! Get your tickets for September's PyNE meet up on Thus 12th: http://www.eventbrite.co.uk/event/6221587937/

Sign up now! And spread the word about it too!

We'll be running a code dojo as June's dojo was such a success. We could take the democratic route and decide on the problem as a group at the meeting or to save time we could pick something ahead of time. What would people like to do?

Also it'd be nice to have one or two really short (<5 minute) show and tells. These could be anything -- a new module, bit of code or book that you found interesting/useful. Any suggestions or volunteers?

Hope to see you all there
Rowan

Rowan Hargreaves

Aug 28, 2013, 6:02:15 AM8/28/13
to python-n...@googlegroups.com
So we have five signed up already.

I would really appreciate some help in promoting this -- can those who have the capability retweet the event?

Also does anyone have any other ideas about promotion?

Are there any volunteers for any python related things that people might share at the meet up? (I have a few ideas, mostly pilfered from the web.)

Cheers
Rowan

scott....@talktopebble.co.uk

Sep 6, 2013, 5:46:03 AM9/6/13
to python-n...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys,

I can do a five minute overview of a library of Django helpers we've been building: https://bitbucket.org/pebble/pebble-view-helpers

See you all on Thursday

On Monday, August 26, 2013 6:52:03 AM UTC+1, Rowan Hargreaves wrote:

Legal status: Any views or opinions are solely those of the sender and do not necessarily represent those of SF Software Ltd unless expressly stated in the body of the text of the email, this email is not intended to form a binding contract.

Confidentiality: this communication may contain information that is confidential and/or privileged and is for the exclusive use of the intended recipient(s). Any form of distribution, copying or use of this communication by anyone else is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please reply to this message or telephone +44 (0)845 310 1788 and delete this communication and destroy any copies.

Security: this communication has been created and sent in the knowledge that internet e-mail is not secure. We strongly advise you to understand and to be aware of the lack of security when e-mailing us. If you communicate with us via e-mail, we will assume that you accept the security risk and that you authorise us to communicate with you in the same format. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a result of e-mail transmission.

Warning: Although we take reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present in this email, we cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of this email or attachments.
In compliance with Directive on Disclosure, The Companies Regulations 2006, effective 01 January 2007 talktopebble.co.uk,schoolfund.co.ukschoolfundfinder.co.ukeasyusbooks.co.ukclubfund.co.uk are domain names registered to SF Software Limited.

SF Software Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with company number: 05580540. Our trading name is Pebble our trading address and registered office is: Media Exchange Three, Coquet Street, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 2QB
VAT Registration number is: GB 873 5186 95

scott....@talktopebble.co.uk

Sep 6, 2013, 5:47:22 AM9/6/13
to python-n...@googlegroups.com
To clarify, I won't be doing the Salt talk, as I haven't had enough time to write it. I'll try and get that written for October.

Rowan Hargreaves

Sep 6, 2013, 6:16:59 AM9/6/13
to python-n...@googlegroups.com

Hi Scott,

That'd be great! Fantastic!

Let me know if you need anything for the presentation - you can use my laptop (afraid I don't have PowerPoint but I do have Keynote).
Cheers
Rowan

scott....@talktopebble.co.uk

Sep 6, 2013, 8:27:06 AM9/6/13
to python-n...@googlegroups.com
Rowan,

That'll be fine. I'm just going to go through the source on Bitbucket and a couple of example implementations.

Regards