PyNE Feb 2017 - Intro to ML & neural networks

Rowan Hargreaves

Feb 2, 2017, 4:10:38 AM2/2/17
to python-n...@googlegroups.com
This month we have Chris Wallace (@bitcollider_io) giving us an intro to machine learning and neural networks.

Sign up, spread the word. It's going to be great.

Artificial Intelligence is all the rage, and with recent successes in machine translation and speech, the prospect of autonomous vehicles, and AlphaGo laying waste to human competition in online Go tournaments, it’s easy to see why. Much of this success is powered by advances in the trendiest area of machine learning: neural networks.

This month, Chris will give an accessible introduction to the basics of machine learning and neural networks, introduce the flourishing python ecosystem and teach you to teach a machine to write like Shakespeare!

Pizza will be courtesy of our kind sponsors Sharpe Recruitment (@sharperecruit) and Pebble (@mypebble) - get there early to get a slice! And we once again will be hosted by the ace folks at Campus North (@campusnorthuk).

Campus North is down the hill from the Body Zone Gym and the Flat Caps Coffee on the corner of Carliol Square. Please ring the doorbell, or tweet @PythonNorthEast, to get let in.

Hope to see you there and please spread the word.

--
Rowan