PyNE Dec - Solving the Elf Game - Wed 14th

조회수 9회
읽지 않은 첫 메시지로 건너뛰기

Rowan Hargreaves

읽지 않음,
2016. 11. 28. 오전 7:58:0416. 11. 28.
받는사람 python-n...@googlegroups.com
Solving the Elf Game or Finite-Horizon Markov Decision Processes (Tom M-S)

 A mini-project is often suggested as a good way to learn a programming skill, so last Christmas I set about coding up a game I'd played with some students. The theme is simple: Send your elves to the woods to cut down trees, and sell them for profit. Send them to dangerous locations, and you make more money, but they might die. Win by making the most money.
 So far so good. But then I wanted to solve the elf game... and I'm still working on it. This talk will cover some of the things I've learnt on the way, kwargs, graphing results, simulations, optimisation, markov decision processes, dynamic programming, iterative functions and memoization. Conquer the Elves before Christmas!

Pizza will be courtesy of our kind sponsors Sharpe Recruitment (@sharperecruit) and Pebble (@mypebble) - get there early to get a slice! And we once again will be hosted by the ace folks at Campus North (@campusnorthuk).

Campus North is down the hill from the Body Zone Gym and the Bunker Coffee & Kitchen on the corner of Carliol Square. Please ring the doorbell, or tweet @PythonNorthEast, to get let in.

Hope to see you there and please spread the word.

--
Rowan

Tom Merritt-Smith

읽지 않음,
2016. 12. 12. 오후 2:06:5416. 12. 12.
받는사람 python-n...@googlegroups.com
Hey everyone

Just a reminder to sign up to the meetup this week (it's a christmas special!):

We need 15 people to proceed.

Solving the Elf Game or Finite-Horizon Markov Decision Processes (Tom M-S)

 A mini-project is often suggested as a good way to learn a programming skill, so last Christmas I set about coding up a game I'd played with some students. The theme is simple: Send your elves to the woods to cut down trees, and sell them for profit. Send them to dangerous locations, and you make more money, but they might die. Win by making the most money.
 So far so good. But then I wanted to solve the elf game... and I'm still working on it. This talk will cover some of the things I've learnt on the way, kwargs, graphing results, simulations, optimisation, markov decision processes, dynamic programming, iterative functions and memoization. Conquer the Elves before Christmas!

Alex Kavanagh

읽지 않음,
2016. 12. 12. 오후 3:15:5616. 12. 12.
On 12 December 2016 at 19:06, Tom Merritt-Smith <tmerri...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hey everyone

Just a reminder to sign up to the meetup this week (it's a christmas special!):

We need 15 people to proceed.

This isn't strictly true.  As PyNE is such a long running group, we'll get away with less people attending.  As there are already 10 people attending we should definitely go ahead.

Alex.

--
Alex Kavanagh
@ajkavanagh

Tom Merritt-Smith

읽지 않음,
2016. 12. 14. 오전 3:22:1016. 12. 14.
받는사람 python-n...@googlegroups.com
Looking forward to this evening - please bring a laptop!
전체답장
작성자에게 답글
전달
새 메시지 0개