Talks for 2017

Rowan Hargreaves

Oct 12, 2016, 5:24:55 AM10/12/16
to python-n...@googlegroups.com
Hi all

This is my usual call for talks.

We're fully booked until Jan 2017, so you'd not need to rush...

Does anyone has any ideas for talks they'd like to hear, or even better that they can convince others to give?

Here are somethings I am interested in:
- property based testing (hypothesis)
- Blaze
- PyPy
- Type declarations in Python
- nltk
- any ml stuff

Anyone else got some other ideas?

See you this evening at tonight's meetup

Chris Wallace

Nov 4, 2016, 8:03:40 AM11/4/16
to python-n...@googlegroups.com
Happy to talk about machine learning stuff at some point in early 2017. It seems giving a talk is the only way I'm actually going to make it to the meetup.

I'd love for someone else to talk about property based testing with hypothesis!

Rowan Hargreaves

Nov 4, 2016, 9:33:40 AM11/4/16
to Python North East

Sounds great. February?

On Fri, 4 Nov 2016, 12:03 Chris Wallace, <ch...@bitcollider.io> wrote:
Happy to talk about machine learning stuff at some point in early 2017. It seems giving a talk is the only way I'm actually going to make it to the meetup.

Chris Wallace

Nov 4, 2016, 11:10:14 AM11/4/16
to Python North East
Don't see why not. Any idea which Wednesday? 8th?

Rowan Hargreaves

Nov 4, 2016, 1:27:02 PM11/4/16
to Python North East

Yes that's the one. Ace. Thanks!

Alex Kavanagh

Nov 5, 2016, 12:13:20 PM11/5/16
to python-n...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rowan

Sorry for hijacking the thread:  I'd like to do a talk on Juju/Charms & Python (as it's the most popular language for writing charms in).  I'll show how reactive charms are written and then give a quick demo of launching an OpenStack cluster.

Interesting?

Cheers
Alex.

On 4 November 2016 at 13:33, Rowan Hargreaves <rowan.ha...@gmail.com> wrote:

Sounds great. February?

On Fri, 4 Nov 2016, 12:03 Chris Wallace, <ch...@bitcollider.io> wrote:
Happy to talk about machine learning stuff at some point in early 2017. It seems giving a talk is the only way I'm actually going to make it to the meetup.

Alex Kavanagh
@ajkavanagh

Rowan Hargreaves

Nov 5, 2016, 1:42:43 PM11/5/16
to python-n...@googlegroups.com

Hi Alex

That sounds great. How about Wednesday 8th March?

Cheers
Rowan

On Sat, 5 Nov 2016, 16:13 Alex Kavanagh, <al...@ajkavanagh.co.uk> wrote:
Hi Rowan

Sorry for hijacking the thread:  I'd like to do a talk on Juju/Charms & Python (as it's the most popular language for writing charms in).  I'll show how reactive charms are written and then give a quick demo of launching an OpenStack cluster.

Interesting?

Cheers
Alex.
On 4 November 2016 at 13:33, Rowan Hargreaves <rowan.ha...@gmail.com> wrote:

Sounds great. February?

On Fri, 4 Nov 2016, 12:03 Chris Wallace, <ch...@bitcollider.io> wrote:
Happy to talk about machine learning stuff at some point in early 2017. It seems giving a talk is the only way I'm actually going to make it to the meetup.

Alex Kavanagh
@ajkavanagh

Alex Kavanagh

Nov 6, 2016, 11:26:05 AM11/6/16
to python-n...@googlegroups.com

Hi Rowan

Wednesday 8th March sounds good at the moment.

Thanks
Alex

sent from a tablet.