Dojo code on Github

Kieran Darcy

Jun 14, 2013, 5:23:02 AM6/14/13
to python-n...@googlegroups.com
The code dojo was fantastic fun, and enlightening to boot.

We went with a Countdown letters game - code from two of the four teams is on Github https://github.com/pythonnortheast/dojo
if you have some code to add, let me know and I'll make it available. The Python modules everyone seemed to use were itertools, collections and the set and frozenset functions. It was really interesting to see how similar, yet very different each solution was.

Well done to everyone who took part, and thank you all for a great event, and here's to another next month!

Kieran.

Farhat Abbas Gul

Jun 16, 2013, 1:57:14 AM6/16/13
to python-n...@googlegroups.com

i recommend this website

http://freedownloadbook.blogspot.com/

Rowan Hargreaves

Jun 24, 2013, 6:31:43 AM6/24/13
to python-n...@googlegroups.com
Hi Keiran

I have the code that Dave and I wrote (plus a little extension to give all possible words rather than 9 letter ones only). What's the best way to add it?

Cheers
Rowan

Rowan

Kieran Darcy

Jun 24, 2013, 2:53:15 PM6/24/13
to python-n...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rowan,

(And whomever has any more code from the dojo they'd like to add)

There's a git repository on GitHub here https://github.com/pythonnortheast/dojo. You can fork this repo and make a pull request (something I've not done myself, but I've been wanting to learn more about). I think that's the best thing to do.

Kieran.

Rowan Hargreaves

Jun 25, 2013, 3:57:02 AM6/25/13
to python-n...@googlegroups.com
So I think that I have done the correct thing for the fork and then pull-request, although the buttons in GitHub seem a bit different from their description on their Help pages. Hopefully this has not disappeared into the ether!

Cheers
Rowan

Kieran.

Rowan

Kieran Darcy

Jun 25, 2013, 11:50:37 AM6/25/13
to python-n...@googlegroups.com
Looks good to me, thanks Rowan (and Jaime).
Does anyone have the last of the four team's code? It can be added in the same way.