Problem loading the module mip.cbc

Kris Van Marcke

May 3, 2024, 2:08:48 AMMay 3
to Python-MIP
I just started trying out the python-mip module.  Wanted to learn a bit on how it performs.  When trying to run the first example program, it halts when I create a new model.
Stepping to the code with the debugger, it seems that the line where it stops is where it tries to import mip.cbc.

I guess something is not fully installed.
Any suggestions how I to resolve ?

Kris Van Marcke

May 5, 2024, 2:31:26 AMMay 5
to Python-MIP
Found that it halts with the error message  "KeyError: 'mip.cbc"
CBC seems to be istalled tough.
Any suggestions about what may be wrong?

Haroldo Santos

May 5, 2024, 4:42:34 PMMay 5
to Kris Van Marcke, Python-MIP
Hi,

Maybe your CBC binary is not working well in your hardware. One option is recompile CBC from source and for python mip to use you fresh binary:

Haroldo Gambini Santos
email: haroldo.santos [at ] gmail.com
home/research page: www.decom.ufop.br/haroldo (outdated)