Installing on a Mac M1

Ani Banerjee

Jun 17, 2021, 1:15:46 AM6/17/21
to Python-MIP
I have installed Cbc on my Mac m1, via. brew, the installation location being /opt/homebrew. The stand-alone solver works fine.

Following this, I have set the following options:
export PMIP_CBC_LIBRARY="/opt/homebrew/lib/libCbcSolver.dylib"
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/opt/homebrew/lib/":$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

However, I still have an error when I access the MIP library -

AttributeError: function/symbol 'Osi_getIntegerTolerance' not found in library '/opt/homebrew/lib/libCbcSolver.dylib': dlsym(0x10bd38000, Osi_getIntegerTolerance): symbol not found

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Feibiao Wu

Oct 15, 2022, 7:51:16 AM10/15/22
to Python-MIP
Hello!

I have encountered the same issue. Can I ask if you've solved this problem? If so, how?

Anindya Banerjee

Oct 16, 2022, 2:26:59 PM10/16/22
to Python-MIP
I never solved it, and moved away from this library as a result.

Túlio Toffolo

Oct 18, 2022, 12:33:48 AM10/18/22
to Anindya Banerjee, Python-MIP
We unfortunately do not have a Mac M1 to test at the moment.
Hopefully we'll be able to address this in the near future.

Penelope Aguiar

Feb 14, 2023, 4:35:14 AM2/14/23
to Python-MIP
Hi! I have the same issue.
Tried also building the cbc solver with coinbrew which produced files with .a at the end instead of .dylib.
When I tried to point to libCbcSolver.a it didn't manage to open it :/

Tom Shlomo

Mar 5, 2023, 3:52:38 AM3/5/23
to Python-MIP
Hi, we have the same issue. Are there any plans to add M1 support? Thanks!

Julio Villalobos

Mar 8, 2023, 10:31:40 AM3/8/23
to Python-MIP
same, any solution?

Amitai Zernik

Mar 20, 2023, 6:17:59 AM3/20/23
to Python-MIP
+1

Tom Shlomo

Apr 19, 2023, 4:32:48 AM4/19/23
to Python-MIP
a temp solution is to compile CBC from source:
```
mkdir CBC
cd CBC
chmod u+x coinbrew
./coinbrew fetch Cbc@master
./coinbrew build Cbc
cp dist/lib/libCbc.0.dylib ~/.pyenv/versions/3.9.16/lib/python3.9/site-packages/mip/libraries/cbc-c-darwin-x86-64.dylib
```
replace `~/.pyenv/versions/3.9.16/lib/python3.9/site-packages/mip` with your own python-mip location.

hope that helps

Walcelio Melo

May 19, 2023, 9:21:37 AM5/19/23
to Python-MIP
I tried installing CBC via conda, then Homebrew, and setting the required environment variables: but it did not work.
The only solution that worked so far is the one provided by Tom... thank you!

Sean Kelley

Jul 3, 2023, 5:15:25 PM7/3/23
to Python-MIP
I "fixed" this issue by just having conda build the x86 version, so then you don't have to worry about building CBC yourself.

```
CONDA_SUBDIR=osx-64 conda create -n myenv python
pip install mip
```
Message has been deleted

Tyrael Fu

Mar 1, 2024, 10:04:32 AMMar 1
to Python-MIP
The solution provided by Tom works at 2024. Thank you!

Tom Shlomo 在 2023年4月19日 星期三下午4:32:48 [UTC+8] 的信中寫道:

Python-MIP

Mar 1, 2024, 10:34:47 AMMar 1
to Python-MIP
Hi,

The latest 'release candidate' version of Python-MIP (1.16RC0) includes CBC binaries for Apple ARM64 (M1/M2/M3) processors.
You can install it via pip: pip install mip==1.16rc0