Welcome to Python in Medical Physics

Roy

Jun 11, 2010, 2:19:59 AM6/11/10
to Python in Medical Physics
This group is intended for the discussion of the use of the Python
programming language in medical physics applications and related areas
(i.e. medical imaging, radiation therapy, nuclear medicine, etc.).

All are welcome to ask questions and post information about Python
topics related to medical physics, regardless of experience with
Python (or programming) or medical physics.

Nycholas de Oliveira e Oliveira

Jun 11, 2010, 10:24:53 AM6/11/10
to Python in Medical Physics
:D,

My name is Nycholas de Oliveira e Oliveira, currently working with
processing
medical images using Python.

Working on a project that proem DICOMs be a platform where the basis
for this
platform is being distributed over an open license, the project is
being
repository hosted on google with the name of Moonstone -
http://code.google.com/p/moonstonemedical/.

This project aims at the integration of new functionality via plugins,
so anyone in the world can use the platform for its purpose not
necessarily available plugins developed with an open license. That
brings the convenience of the developer to think about solving their
problems and not have to
thinking in developing the platform.

Any questions or comments I am available.

Thank you for the invitation.

--
So long and good luck,
Nycholas de Oliveira and Oliveira.

Roy

Jun 11, 2010, 1:50:07 PM6/11/10
to Python in Medical Physics
Hi Nycholas,

Thanks for letting us know about Moonstone.

I want to encourage others to let us know about their projects as
well. I will start a page on the Python in Medical Physics site where
we can keep track of projects of interest.

Roy

On Jun 11, 8:24 am, Nycholas de Oliveira e Oliveira
<nycho...@gmail.com> wrote:
> :D,
>
> My name is Nycholas de Oliveira e Oliveira, currently working with
> processing
> medical images using Python.
>
> Working on a project that proem DICOMs be a platform where the basis
> for this
> platform is being distributed over an open license, the project is
> being
> repository hosted on google with the name of Moonstone -http://code.google.com/p/moonstonemedical/.

Nathan

Jun 14, 2010, 1:21:02 PM6/14/10
to Python in Medical Physics
Cool group!

I haven't done any Python for work yet, but the career is still
young! Great to know there's support out there. :)

Jothy

Jun 15, 2010, 11:11:07 AM6/15/10
to python-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Guys!

This seems to be a fantastic group.Does anyone know how to do a raytracing to calculate RPL?

Let's grow it together!

Thanks,

Jothy

PatMun

Jun 16, 2010, 7:13:36 AM6/16/10
to Python in Medical Physics
I'm a RT medical physicist and I have been working with python for
about 10 years in various projects: treatment plan QA, field size
analysis, montecarlo, DICOM (message encoding and decoding, network
layers). I'm very excited about this new group!

Thanks for the invitation.
Message has been deleted

landon clark

Jul 14, 2010, 10:28:08 PM7/14/10
to Python in Medical Physics
I've worked with MatLab and Visual Basic to interact with DICOM. I
agree that it would be good for the physics community to use
opensource software that is flexible to use.