Keyring 2.0 with prioritized backends beta

Jason R. Coombs

Jul 14, 2013, 8:47:41 AM7/14/13
to python-...@googlegroups.com
I've created a new release of Keyring with prioritized backends support. It's Keyring 2.0b1 and it's available for pip or easy_install at the project site downloads.

I could use some help testing this release, especially on Linux and Mac OS.

The intention of this release (and I'll be updating the changelog) is for each of the classes to supply a 'priority' attribute indicating the applicability of that backend in the current environment. This change should make it easier for backends to implement the most appropriate backend for an environment and for users to reliably get that backend.

Please try it out. Report any issues at the project site.

I'll plan to make a non-beta, published release in a few weeks.

Regards,
Jason