Patch for ini backend problems (was Re: 0.3 this week)

已查看 9 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Marcin Kasperski

未读,
2010年6月26日 13:41:292010/6/26
收件人 python-...@googlegroups.com
I implemented simple escaping for file-based backends, to resolve the
old problem of crashes when non-alphanumeric characters are used in
username or service. In particuler it should resolve my problems with
mercurial_keyring on shell accounts.

You can pull it as
http://bitbucket.org/Mekk/python-keyring-lib-mekk-patches

(implemented in branch handle-non-char-keys)

PS What is the best way to offer patches? Email here, bitbucket
"request for merge", something else? And is it a good idea to branch,
or not?

Tarek Ziadé

未读,
2010年6月26日 17:30:262010/6/26
收件人 python-...@googlegroups.com

The best way is to avoid named branches and work on a clone
that is synced with the tip, then asked for pull requests here.
(or build a patch file, that works too)

If you could do this I'll pull your changes,

Cheers

Tarek
--
Tarek Ziadé | http://ziade.org

Marcin Kasperski

未读,
2010年6月27日 11:32:072010/6/27
收件人 python-...@googlegroups.com
> The best way is to avoid named branches and work on a clone
> that is synced with the tip, then asked for pull requests here.
> (or build a patch file, that works too)

Any particular reasons? I intended to use branches because if things
work out I hope to work on more than one patch, and branch makes it
possible for you to pull selectively...

Still, I merged my branch to my tip as you wanted.

Tarek Ziadé

未读,
2010年7月1日 09:44:112010/7/1
收件人 python-...@googlegroups.com
On Sun, Jun 27, 2010 at 5:32 PM, Marcin Kasperski
<Marcin.K...@mekk.waw.pl> wrote:
>> The best way is to avoid named branches and work on a clone
>> that is synced with the tip, then asked for pull requests here.
>> (or build a patch file, that works too)
>
> Any particular reasons? I intended to use branches because if things
> work out I hope to work on more than one patch, and branch makes it
> possible for you to pull selectively...

This is to avoid getting new branches when I pull your changes.

But you could work with branches on your side, and provide me a patch
I can apply

> Still, I merged my branch to my tip as you wanted.

Ok, I'll look at it asap

Tarek Ziadé

未读,
2010年7月5日 04:19:242010/7/5
On Thu, Jul 1, 2010 at 3:44 PM, Tarek Ziadé <ziade...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Ok, I'll look at it asap

Done !

Anything else pending or shall I release 0.3 ?

Tarek Ziadé

未读,
2010年7月5日 04:25:442010/7/5
收件人 python-...@googlegroups.com
Arg, your named branch appears in the main repo now.

I hate mercurial sometimes....

Marcin Kasperski

未读,
2010年7月5日 05:46:362010/7/5
收件人 python-...@googlegroups.com
> Anything else pending or shall I release 0.3 ?

At the moment I don't have anything, next patches are rather matter of
months, not days.

> Arg, your named branch appears in the main repo now.
> I hate mercurial sometimes....

The branch is inactive so should not really be a problem

But OK, I will switch to bookmarks for next things...

Tarek Ziadé

未读,
2010年7月5日 06:12:122010/7/5
收件人 python-...@googlegroups.com

It's not a big deal, but we might have many inactive branches popping
up in the main repo.
Do you know how to remove these completely ?

Marcin Kasperski

未读,
2010年7月5日 08:00:152010/7/5
收件人 python-...@googlegroups.com
> It's not a big deal, but we might have many inactive branches popping
> up in the main repo.
> Do you know how to remove these completely ?

100% completely is impossible (info about branch remain in
changesets), but from practical point of view

hg update handle-non-char-keys
hg commit --close-branch -m "closing branch"

and it should not appear in hg branches and such (unless you add a
flag to show closed branches).

I should have closed the branch while merging it, forgot, sorry. If
you prefer I can push this changeset to my repo.

Marcin Kasperski

未读,
2010年7月6日 11:54:032010/7/6
收件人 python-...@googlegroups.com
I just spotted one omission - I forgot to update setup.py what
resulted in errrors like

abort: could not import module util.escape!

(just keyring.util must be added to packages in setup.py)

You can pull updated setup (plus changeset closing the old branch) from my repo.

回复全部
回复作者
转发
0 个新帖子