import keys feature

nello

Apr 29, 2019, 12:06:14 PM4/29/19
to python-gnupg
Hi everybody!

I have a question related to the import method using the python-gnupg library
I would be in the need to perform a cleaning of the keys by calling this gpg option " --import-option import clean" which basically performs the following:
#import-clean
#                     After import, compact (remove all signatures  except  the
#                     self-signature)  any  user  IDs from the new key that are
#                     not usable.  Then, remove any signatures from the new key
#                     that  are not usable.  This includes signatures that were
#                     issued by keys that are not present on the keyring.  This
#                     option  is  the  same  as  running the --edit-key command
#                     "clean" after import. Defaults to no.
I need this to be able to assure the keys imported are aligned with a standard views of how the keys are processed in the keyring and to me personally this is a very good feature to be included.
I was hoping the 'Import keys' method would have an 'extra args' attribute where to set further options to include within the import pipe, any change or future possibilities this will be implemented or am I missing something?

thanks!

nello

Apr 29, 2019, 12:13:06 PM4/29/19
to python-gnupg
This option of course by default is disabled if you call a simple --import option

Vinay Sajip

May 9, 2019, 3:15:22 AM5/9/19
to python-gnupg
Dear nello,

In the latest repo version I have added extra_args to the import_keys method. This should hopefully be in the next release.

Regards,

Vinay Sajip

nello

May 13, 2019, 11:18:16 AM5/13/19
to python-gnupg
Awesome Vinay! Thanks for your help! Any estimation when the new version will be released?

Antonio Cascella

Aug 11, 2019, 6:18:56 PM8/11/19
to python-gnupg
Hi, any other approx estimation about a new date for the release ? Thx

--

---

Vinay Sajip

Aug 12, 2019, 1:24:38 PM8/12/19
to python-gnupg
Thanks for the reminder. Version 0.4.5 has been released to PyPI.

Regards,

Vinay Sajip