A new version of the Python module which wraps GnuPG has been released.
This is an enhancement and bug-fix release, and all users are encouraged to upgrade.
See the project website  for more information.
* Updated message handling logic to no longer raise exceptions when a message isn't
recognised. Thanks to Daniel Kahn Gillmor for the patch.
* Always use always use --fixed-list-mode, --batch and --with-colons. Thanks to Daniel
Kahn Gillmor for the patch.
* Improved scan_keys() handling on GnuPG >= 2.1. Thanks to Daniel Kahn Gillmor for the
* Improved test behaviour with GnuPG >= 2.1. Failures when deleting test directory trees
are now ignored. Thanks to Daniel Kahn Gillmor for the patch.
* Added close_file keyword argument to verify_file to allow the file closing to be made
optional. Current behaviour is maintained - close_file=False can be passed to skip
closing the file being verified.
* Added the extra_args keyword parameter to allow custom arguments to be passed to the
* Instances of the GPG class now have an additional on_data attribute, which defaults to
None. It can be set to a callable which will be called with a single argument - a binary
chunk of data received from the gpg executable. The callable can do whatever it likes
with the chunks passed to it - e.g. write them to a separate stream. The callable should
not raise any exceptions (unless it wants the current operation to fail).
This release  has been signed with my code signing key:
Vinay Sajip (CODE SIGNING KEY) <vina... at yahoo.co.uk
Fingerprint: CA74 9061 914E AC13 8E66 EADB 9147 B477 339A 9B86
As always, your feedback is most welcome (especially bug reports ,
patches and suggestions for improvement, or any other points via the
mailing list/discussion group ).
Please refer to the documentation  for more information.
Red Dove Consultants Ltd.