My Py4A forked in github.

Shimoda

Mar 19, 2015, 12:35:56 PM3/19/15
to python-fo...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I'm using SL4A and Py4A for my hobby products.

I challenged to test the sl4a and py4a moving to github,
so Google will close the googlecode site within two years.

Some problems are found and resolved::

- Py4A was not work in Android 5.0>=,
  PIE format was needed in Android 5.0.
  I made PIE version of python-r17.zip,
  and Py4A switch the download binary automatically.

- python 2.6.2 => python 2.7.8

  Problem: some modules was not work, such as urllib2.
  I'm not sure how to fix it.

- Changed the binaries URL to github repositories from GoogleCode site.
  (but some works remained to automate URL to follow someone's fork.)

In recently, I do not use SL4A and Py4A, and
I use python in my tablet with Linux On Android.
My motivation is::

- I want to play py4a compile :D
- Py4A is still ease to install and newbies want it,
  Python 2.7 or Python 3.4 are need to newbies.
- It is better to continue SL4A/Py4A is available.

Anyone need/watch this project?
Thank you.

Anthony Prieur

Mar 20, 2015, 3:46:18 AM3/20/15
to python-fo...@googlegroups.com
Cool, what is your Github url ?

しもだ

Mar 20, 2015, 8:17:46 AM3/20/15
to python-fo...@googlegroups.com

Thank you reply,

https://github.com/kuri65536/python-for-android

Spring Meds

Apr 27, 2015, 8:36:45 AM4/27/15
to python-fo...@googlegroups.com
I was not able to run youtube-dl with your version..

Shimoda

May 1, 2015, 1:50:03 AM5/1/15
to python-fo...@googlegroups.com
I success to run youtube-dl with python2 version.
please confirm it.

https://github.com/kuri65536/python-for-android/issues/90

Patrick Wagner

Jan 8, 2016, 7:33:41 AM1/8/16
to Py4A
Great!! This worked for me on Lollipop. Thanks a lot! Now I'm able to run my Python scripts from within Tasker again. :)