xlx2xlsx 0.2.0 released

Joe Cool

Jan 6, 2023, 9:58:11 AM1/6/23
to python-excel
Greetings!

I'm happy to report that I released a new version of xls2xlsx.  It's been modernized to use the latest versions of the required packages and tested with Python 3.10.  Updates:

o For converting html in xls which contain images from wikicommons, a required header is now sent to allow the requests library to download the images.

o Added ignore_workbook_corruption keyword parameter, which is passed along to xlrd

o Skinnied down the requirements.txt to only include the modules directly required (plus chardet for beautifulsoup4.UnicodeDammit)

Features
  • Convert .xls files to .xlsx using xlrd and openpyxl.
  • Convert .htm and .mht files containing tables or excel contents to .xlsx using beautifulsoup4 and openpyxl.

Enjoy!
--joe