reading csv's into template xml/xlsx

Randolph Finder

Feb 28, 2019, 12:57:56 PM2/28/19
to python-excel
Looking to do the following, preferably in Python.

Code/Function which can
take a template xml (2003) or xlsx file consisting of header row/rows and a dummy data row (including formatting)
specify which row has the data format dummy data
create xlsx file consisting of header row/rows and all csv rows where the csv rows have the same formatting as the dummy data row.

How complicated would this be and what python libraries would be helpful?

derek

Mar 1, 2019, 4:09:41 AM3/1/19
to python-excel
I'd probably tackle it using openpyxl -- here is a discussion about how to copy/re-use formats between worksheets:

(But I would stick to using xlsx files for consistency; there are significant changes between xls and xlsx that can make your life very complicated!)