Please vote on my next project!

Joe Cool

Oct 29, 2020, 5:45:08 PM10/29/20
to python-excel
So what would you like to see next for the python-excel community?  Please vote here and reply for the "Other" choice:

--joe

John Yeung

Oct 31, 2020, 3:14:55 AM10/31/20
to python-excel
This is a toughie!

I am torn between xlrd4 (why 4, by the way?) and a couple of write-ins.

If "other", then probably top of my list is an add-on for xlsxwriter to make formatting more convenient (some proposals have come up as GitHub issues).

John Y.

Joe Cool

Nov 1, 2020, 12:52:37 AM11/1/20
to python-excel
To answer your question - look here: https://github.com/Dragon2fly/xlrd3

Thank you!
--joe

John Yeung

Joe Cool

Nov 1, 2020, 8:57:38 AM11/1/20
to python-excel
If this one wins, I would probably start by fixing some known problems (e.g. the colors for a BAD cell come across wrong), and adding support for:

  • Images

  • Conditional Formatting
  • Formulas

Joe Cool

Nov 4, 2020, 1:54:48 AM11/4/20
to python...@googlegroups.com
Vote.png
And the election results are in!!  No, not THAT election - this one!! :-)