Openpyxl - Slicer

Luis Durani

Jul 9, 2019, 3:48:28 AM7/9/19
to python-excel
Hello All,

I need help. I am using openpyxl in my script. I have an excel sheet with a pre-made template. The template has slicers built in to help navigate the graphs. Apparently openpyxl has issues with slicers. The code has a warning but freezes.

The exact syntax is:

Warning (from warnings module):
  File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\openpyxl-2.6.2-py2.7.egg\openpyxl\worksheet\_reader.py", line 296
UserWarning: Slicer List extension is not supported and will be removed

I removed those slicer features for now to get the code finalized and working but i would like to have those slicer features in my Excel template. How do I go about doing that?

Thanks

Luis Durani

Charlie Clark

Jul 9, 2019, 4:05:18 AM7/9/19
to python...@googlegroups.com
Slicers are an extension to the file format that were created by Microsoft
after it was ratified. In order to use them you would need to add support
form to the library or hope or pay someone else to do it.

Charlie
--
Charlie Clark
Managing Director