ANN: openpyxl 3.0.3 released

Charlie Clark

Jan 10, 2020, 11:59:23 AM1/10/20
to openpyxl-users, python...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone and a happy New Year,

this is a brief announcement that openpyxl 3.0.3 has been released. This
is a maintenance release that mainly properly fixes incompatibilities
between lxml and defusedxml. For full details please refer to the change
log: https://openpyxl.readthedocs.io/en/3.0/

We hope you find the release useful.

<rant>
The release was held back somewhat due to sudden changes in the
Dockerfile that we use for CI. This suddenly stopped working because
Gentoo decided that sqlite – required by coverage – was an optional
part of the standard library, causing all coverage runs to fail. Oh for,
a BSD-based Dockerfile system that we could use so that we're neither
dependent upon packagers whims, nor have to worry about building
everything from source!
</rant>

Charlie

--