Acitvity required

ahmadSayed

Apr 18, 2007, 3:40:22 PM4/18/07
to python-eg
Hi all,

while i intending to make Python user group in egypt, i found this
group, but i notice that this site is not active only 17 member and
only 7 messages in discussion, I think you should find a way to push
more to increase the popularity of this language and for this group.

Best regards,
Ahmed Sayed

Tarek Amr

Apr 19, 2007, 3:07:04 AM4/19/07
to pyth...@googlegroups.com
Ok, any suggestions ?
--
Best Regards
Tarek Amr

Blogs:
http://gr33ndata.blogspot.com/
http://kelmeteen.blogspot.com/

ahmadSayed

Apr 19, 2007, 10:56:55 AM4/19/07
to python-eg
Hi Tarek,

Thank you, I'm waiting this question for sure just i want to make sure
that i got any response before starting my suggestions, first i think
you agree with me on this issue and our responsibility as group member
of here to handle this issue.

here is my suggestion

1 - Trying to monitor job offers that include Python in it
requirement.
2 - Made any contribution to famous open source project and make it
under mentoring an control of this groups.
3 - offer a community support for arabic and unicode related issues
for Python based technologies python WxWidget, Zope, and other famous
projects.

here is a real active contribution from me
1 - Check the career section in ubuntu they require a people to work
with them mainly in Python and C.
2 - Ok, i think we could consider it as a start, my proposal to GSOC
this year is accepted (el 7amd lel allah), my project will be mainly
in python. if you consider this a good start to increase the
popularity of how python may be useful for people.

myself i'm gonna to put it as a signature.

What is your opinion Tarek, i think we could make this thread as brain
storming to get more idea's, egyptian linux user group was quiet and
peaceful until online magazine release an issue with redhat in its
cover page and it became very famous and wild ;).

Best regards,
Ahmed Sayed