Using doit with a compute farm (LSF or GRID)

Glenn Boyer

Jan 11, 2022, 8:01:52 PM1/11/22
to python-doit
I am new to doit.  I am really enjoying it as compared to make.

I am using it to automate my EDA tasks.  My tasks can run for multiple days.  It would be really nice if doit could submitt the tasks to a compute farm.

Does anyone know if any work has been done with doit to work with a LSF or GRID?

Thanks

Eduardo Schettino

Jan 11, 2022, 8:30:39 PM1/11/22
to python-doit
Hi,

I am glad you are enjoying doit :)

I know that Clusterjob [1] has some kind of integration. I am not familiar at all with it...

I have no experience with LSF or GRID but I would be very interested in adding built-in support for that.
Maybe we can work out something together if you are willing to put some time one it.
Do you have any idea on how it should work? Or how it would be integrated?

Regards