Handling file downloads

Daniele Riccucci

Oct 25, 2021, 6:48:58 AM10/25/21
to python-doit
Hello,
I'm looking for a tool to automate file downloads and I stumbled here but I'm not sure this tool would fit.
My use case is the following: I have a list of files to download in a format compatible with aria2c input file (which is fairly difficult to parse); the names of these files all end with .aria2.txt.
I would like to download these files while saving the session.
After the downloads are complete a task should clean all files matching {file_name}.aria2.txt, {file_name}.aria2.session and {file_name}.csv
What I have so far is in this gist, which only downloads the files, keeps running the task even when they're finished, and does not do the cleaning afterwards.
Is it possible to achieve this or should I be looking for a different tool?
Thank you.

Kind Regards,
Daniele