doit Run Summary (particularly for continue)

Kyle King

May 29, 2021, 3:57:07 PM5/29/21
to python-doit

Is there a way to report a summary of all tasks run when using doit --continue? My tasks are typically run in verbose mode so failures might otherwise be buried in the local or CI  output

For example, `nox` reports passed, failed, and skipped tasks like this:

```sh
ERROR:nox:* tests-3.8: failed
nox > * tests-3.8: failed
ERROR:nox:* coverage-3.9: failed
nox > * coverage-3.9: failed
nox > * build_dist-3.9: skipped
nox > * build_check-3.9: passed
```

I checked the forum and didn't see any discussion on this. In the code, if this feature existed, I think it would be in runner.py, but it didn't look like there was a summary-reporter-like output

Thanks,
Kyle

Eduardo Schettino

May 30, 2021, 2:24:46 AM5/30/21
to python-doit
Hi Kyle,

This could be implemented through a custom reporter [1].
Remember to share your implementation here,
I could consider including something like this in the core distribution.

Regards

Kyle King

Jun 5, 2021, 1:37:21 PM6/5/21
to python-doit

This is an example of the output:

Screen Shot 2021-06-05 at 13.36.30.png

Probably too specialized/opinionated to be part of the standard library, but a good example of how others could customize
(I've always used verbosity 2 and default failure verbosity, so I didn't realize that there was already a summary)

Thanks,
Kyle

Eduardo Schettino

Jun 5, 2021, 10:14:48 PM6/5/21