Dump dbf data to SQL SERVER

Prashanth Khambhammettu

Feb 11, 2013, 10:22:48 PM2/11/13
to python...@googlegroups.com
Ethan
Thanks for this wonderful DBF reader/writer. I have been using this library to read information from multiple DBFS and collate them in a single DBF file. Since I have a lot of data, I wanted to write to a table in a SQL Server database. Is it possible to do so with this package ? I couldn't find any clues in the documentation.

Thanks for your help,
Prashanth

Ethan Furman

Feb 12, 2013, 10:24:33 AM2/12/13
to python...@googlegroups.com
This package is only for dealing with the dbf/dbt or dbf/fpt files.

You'll need another package, such as pyodbc, to take the data and get it
into another database.

Alternatively, you could use the dbf module to export your collated dbf
to a csv file if your sql program allows for importing data that way.

Hope this helps.

--
~Ethan~

Prashanth Khambhammettu