Contributing a patch to dbf

Joshua A

Oct 2, 2015, 12:58:36 PM10/2/15
to Python dBase
Hi Ethan,

I started playing around with dbf recently and I found a feature that was missing (specifying the decimal field of a vpf double). I have a small patch that I think works and I was wondering how best to contribute it/submit it for review and possible inclusion in the project.

It looks like the bitbucket repo (https://bitbucket.org/stoneleaf/dbf) is lagging behind what is on pypi. It's most recent tag is 0.96.003, but pypi has 0.96.005.

Any suggestions for how to best handle this would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Josh

Ethan Furman

Jul 5, 2016, 7:00:03 PM7/5/16
to python...@googlegroups.com
On 10/02/2015 10:05 AM, Ethan Furman wrote:
> On 10/02/2015 09:45 AM, Joshua A wrote:
>
>> I started playing around with dbf recently and I found a feature that
>> was missing (specifying the decimal field of a vpf double). I have a
>> small patch that I think works and I was wondering how best to
>> contribute it/submit it for review and possible inclusion in the project.

Patch to save decimal points in Double (used by VFP for display
purposes) has been merged in and a new version of dbf has been cut.

Thanks, Joshua!

--
~Ethan~