Plans for Python3?

Andrew M

Jun 28, 2013, 12:14:16 PM6/28/13
to python...@googlegroups.com
Hello All,

    I've seen work done here and there to get Babel working on Python 3. However, there has been no official singular release to pypi. Are there plans for any kind of upstream merge and release?

Alex Grönholm

Jun 28, 2013, 5:21:31 PM6/28/13
to python...@googlegroups.com
It seems that the people who have control of the PyPI project entry and
push access to subversion are no longer reading this list.
I'm currently trying to reach a couple of them on IRC.

Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven

Jul 3, 2013, 8:29:33 AM7/3/13
to python...@googlegroups.com
It seems Babel is being taken over by the Pocoo project, but I am not aware
of timeframes or whatnot, so I cannot give you more details, sorry.

イェルーン ラウフロック ヴァン デル ウェルヴェン
http://www.in-nomine.org/ | GPG: 2EAC625B
I was searching through the Heavens and somehow I slipped...

Wichert Akkerman

Jul 3, 2013, 8:31:00 AM7/3/13
to python...@googlegroups.com

On Jul 3, 2013, at 14:29 , Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven <asm...@in-nomine.org> wrote:

> -On [20130628 18:53], Andrew M (andrew.p...@gmail.com) wrote:
>> I've seen work done here and there to get Babel working on Python 3.
>> However, there has been no official singular release to pypi. Are there plans
>> for any kind of upstream merge and release?
>
> It seems Babel is being taken over by the Pocoo project, but I am not aware
> of timeframes or whatnot, so I cannot give you more details, sorry.

For what it's worth I intend to fork/redo the message extraction and related logic in lingua in order to clean up the code and fix a few long standing bugs.

Wichert.

Armin Ronacher

Jul 4, 2013, 11:36:41 AM7/4/13
to python...@googlegroups.com
I took over maintenance of the project and going to prepare a new release soon.  The intention is to make a new release that upgrades to the latest CLDR and as a separate step to add Python 3.3 support.

Regards,
Armin