git mirror?

Joshua Bronson

Apr 12, 2011, 8:01:42 PM4/12/11
to python...@googlegroups.com
Is there an official public git mirror of babel somewhere? I found an unofficial mirror at https://github.com/miracle2k/babel, but when I asked the owner if it was set up to have future updates imported automatically, he said it was done manually and that he could not make any guarantees about synchrony in the future. I think having a mirror up on github might facilitate contributions from the community significantly.

Best,
Josh

Felix Schwarz

Apr 13, 2011, 3:38:05 AM4/13/11
to python...@googlegroups.com

Am 13.04.2011 02:01, schrieb Joshua Bronson:
> Is there an official public git mirror of babel somewhere?

No, I don't think so even though I'd like to have a hg mirror as well.
I'll ask cboos/rblank how they did it for Trac.

fs

Felix Schwarz

Apr 13, 2011, 10:26:48 AM4/13/11
to python...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

we'll set up github+bitbucket mirrors but it might take some days-weeks
(about 2-3 weeks realistically, maybe much faster) because we (I?) might
need to make the t.e.o syncing scripts more general/do some sysadmin stuff.

In the meantime, feel free to use git directly as a svn client
(personally I don't want to push a quick-hack repo as semi-official when
we can get something real within a month).

fs

Joshua Bronson

Apr 13, 2011, 1:22:18 PM4/13/11
to python...@googlegroups.com
Sounds great, thanks for being receptive!

Felix Schwarz

Apr 13, 2011, 5:43:11 PM4/13/11
to python...@googlegroups.com

Am 13.04.2011 19:22, schrieb Joshua Bronson:
> On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 10:26 AM, Felix Schwarz
> Sounds great, thanks for being receptive!

Well, looking forward to your Babel patches/enhancements ;-)

fs