Problems building Kivy Android APK (origination from gradle not finding GradleWrapperMain.class) on macos 10.15

cs

Apr 7, 2020, 5:46:32 AM4/7/20
to Python For Android

Dear all;

I've a problem building an Android APK on macos 10.15.
The build always fails with gradle not finding the GradleWrapperMain.class.
In the respective directory I am also not able to execute gradlew manually (it fails with the same error).
I've already verified that the gradle-wrapper.jar is present.

System is macos 10.15.4
Java is JDK8u241
Buildozer is 1.0.1dev0
P4A is git/develop (but master or the later release-2020-04-01 show the same problem)

Do you have any hint how to further debug or solve this issue?

Thanks and best regards
buildozer.spec

cs

Apr 7, 2020, 4:53:03 PM4/7/20
to Python For Android
I've figured it out myself. JDK8u241 (Oracle) was the problem.

At least on macos (10.15):
-> Oracle JDK will not work.
-> openjdk>8 will not work.

You have to install openjdk8 (which is unfortunately not available from homebrew). You can get it e.g. at adoptopenjdk.net.
And at least for macos this is not well documents.

HTH anyone who comes across this problem.