ValueError: buffer size must be a multiple of element size

ddu...@gmail.com

Aug 13, 2020, 3:47:23 AM8/13/20
to Pyteomics

I use Mobi-DIK( convertTDFtoMzML.py) to convert(from .d to .mzML) diapasef data.

 when i use pyteomics to read spectra, I get this problem.

(ValueError: buffer size must be a multiple of element size)

Joshua Klein

Aug 13, 2020, 7:38:48 AM8/13/20
to pyteomics

Can you share the traceback to help us figure out where the error is occurring, please?

Without that information, my best guess is that this is occurring during binary data array decoding where we use np.frombuffer. Can you pass decode_binary=False to read and check each array key’s dtype attribute on a spectrum please? The next step after that is to see if it is all arrays or only one of them, and if it is the dtype is being recognized incorrectly (float32 vs float64) or the compression is being read incorrectly (zlib, numpress, or nothing). Do you know what those values were supposed to be for this data file?

Thank you,
Joshua Klein