Pyteomics is moving to GitHub in 1 month

Lev Levitsky

Feb 3, 2020, 5:01:12 PM2/3/20
to Pyteomics
Dear all,

in light of BitBucket sunsetting the Mercurial support, the Pyteomics source code repository needs to be converted one way or another. My intention is to move it to GitHub approximately in one month, in the beginning of March.
The commit history will be preserved in the process, and I will do my best to map the user profiles of contributors. I am not sure if I will find a good way to also keep the issues and pull requests, but I will definitely look into options.

I am sending out this notice in case anyone is working on contributions, such as pull requests or issues. If you are, please submit them within three weeks or prepare to postpone them until after the move. If that is problematic, please contact me, there is still some time to figure something out. Today I have released Pyteomics 4.2 on PyPI, so for the next month we'll see if any new issues arise. My goal is to not have any open issues or PRs at the time we do the move.

Similarly, many other software projects from Gorshkov group will be moving to GitHub profiles of their respective authors, or have migrated already. There will not be separate announcements for all of them, but pages for deleted repos on BitBucket have URLs of their new locations. Projects that have been already moved are AA_stat and ms1searchpy.

I will post another update after the move is completed. In the meantime, do not hesitate to get in touch if you have any questions.

Best regards to all,

Lev

Lev Levitsky

Feb 29, 2020, 4:44:44 PM2/29/20