Multiple processes spawn and not killed

1 view

eng.Ilian Iliev

Nov 25, 2011, 8:23:18 AM11/25/11
to pytddmon
Hi,

here is something strange I noticed about the processes spawn by
pytddmon.
Immediately after the start the ps command shows 5 pytddmon processes.
I have just noticed that after changing any of the files monitored by
pytddmon
it spawns several additional processes that are not killed/closed/
ended(I am not
sure for the correct term) after the testing completes.

Any ideas what my cause this?

Greetings,
Ilian Iliev

Samuel Ytterbrink

Nov 25, 2011, 8:30:09 AM11/25/11
to pytd...@googlegroups.com

That system configuration are you using?

this is a critical error, ill look into it when im on the train home. So you should have a patch tomorrow morning.

Ilian Iliev

Nov 25, 2011, 8:54:34 AM11/25/11
to pytd...@googlegroups.com
I noticed it on

Python 2.7.1+
Ubuntu 11.04

Thanks for the fast response.
--
eng. Ilian Iliev
Web Software Developer

Mobile: +359 88 66 08 400
Website: http://ilian.i-n-i.org

Samuel Ytterbrink

Nov 25, 2011, 2:37:06 PM11/25/11
to pytd...@googlegroups.com
patch is pushed to objarni repo.

sorry Olof for doing so, had a hard time figuring out how to do this
in a clean way with out destroying my own work, i blame it on hg.

(it passes all tests!)

2011/11/25 Ilian Iliev <il...@i-n-i.org>:

--
//Samuel Ytterbrink

Olof Bjarnason

Nov 26, 2011, 1:42:36 AM11/26/11
to pytd...@googlegroups.com
2011/11/25 Samuel Ytterbrink <nep...@gmail.com>:

> patch is pushed to objarni repo.
>
> sorry Olof for doing so, had a hard time figuring out how to do this
> in a clean way with out destroying my own work, i blame it on hg.

No problem at all.

I've reproduced the issue on Win7 before testing Samuels patch. The
number of process increases for every test run.

Then I pulled & tested Samuels patch, and the number of python
processes if at most 5 (during test running), then goes back to 1.

Ilian, this isn't published yet, so you can just use the
objarni/pytddmon version for now:

hg clone https://bitbucket.org/objarni/pytddmon