pytddmon does not re-run tests on mac

Matt Curry

Jan 7, 2015, 12:42:32 PM1/7/15
to pytd...@googlegroups.com
Running Python 2.7.5 on a mac OSX 10.9.5

╰─$ tree
.
├── modules
│   ├── __init__.py
│   ├── __init__.pyc
│   ├── test_dns.py
│   └── test_dns.pyc
├── pytddmon.log
├── pytddmon.py
└── pytddmon.pyc

1 directory, 7 files

When I run pytddmon, it shows all test passing.  When I update the file, the user interface says testing... and just sits and hangs.  It does not update the number of tests as tests are updated or deleted.

I get the same behavior from using pip or from copying pytddmon.py locally.

Olof Bjarnason

Jan 7, 2015, 2:57:23 PM1/7/15
to pytd...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

It sounds like something is hanging during test running.

If you add these two lines to test_dns.py, and run using "python test_dns.py", that is exclude pytddmon from the loop, what happens?

----
import unittest
unittest.main()
---

(you might need to change some imports in the file; hopy you can figure how)