'Failed building wheel for pystruct' during conda install

Brent Smale

Jul 25, 2018, 2:54:44 PM7/25/18
to pystruct
Hello,

I'm trying to install pystruct through conda using Anaconda3 (Python 3.6).  'conda install cvxopt' works with no issues but when I try to run 'pip install --user --upgrade pystruct' in the Anaconda Prompt I get an error saying 'Failed building wheel for pystruct'. It also says later on:
'error: Microsoft Visual C++ 14.0 is required. Get it with "Microsoft Visual C++ Build Tools": http://landinghub.visualstudio.com/visual-cpp-build-tools' but I have gone to this website and installed this.

It doesn't seem to be an ad3 problem like the other installation post so any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

-Brent

JL Meunier

Jul 26, 2018, 3:32:46 AM7/26/18
to pystruct
Hi Brent,
I tried installing on a win10 PC, in conda3 (python 3.6.6), and it worked. (pip install pystruct)
However pystruct was not already there. Maybe try uninstalling pystruct and then install instead of upgrade?
But it seems like it is the compiler which is posing problem on your OS.
JL

Brent Smale

Jul 26, 2018, 10:02:59 AM7/26/18
to pyst...@googlegroups.com
Hi JL,

Thanks for your prompt response. This error was on my end.  I redownloaded  Microsoft Visual C++ 14.0 through the Build Tools and allowed all users rights. Then pip installing through the command prompt worked.

-Brent