precompiled C routines? no compiler and behind firewall

Gerry Harp

Aug 22, 2019, 12:41:33 PM8/22/19
to pystruct
Hi
I have some restrictions at work regarding installation and compilation of programs. On Windows 10, I do not have admin privileges.  I've asked for but not yet been given a C compiler. And I'm behind a firewall that prevents me from getting to the site from which pip wants to install. In an anaconda command window:

(base) C:\Users\m32559\Downloads\pystruct-master>pip install pystruct
Collecting pystruct
  Retrying (Retry(total=4, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by 'ProxyError('Cannot connect to proxy.', NewConnectionError('<pip._vendor.urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x00000231DBC4ECC0>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno 11001] getaddrinfo failed'))': /simple/pystruct/
  Retrying (Retry(total=3, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by 'ProxyError('Cannot connect to proxy.', NewConnectionError('<pip._vendor.urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x00000231DBC4E630>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno 11001] getaddrinfo failed'))': /simple/pystruct/

  Retrying (Retry(total=0, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by 'ProxyError('Cannot connect to proxy.', NewConnectionError('<pip._vendor.urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x00000231DBC4E320>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno 11001] getaddrinfo failed'))': /simple/pystruct/
  Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement pystruct (from versions: )
No matching distribution found for pystruct

I've tried downloading the source code from GitHub, which I can do. I can also run the "setup.py" script and it mostly works.  But it fails on the compiler and I'm not allowed to install the one that is suggested.

Does anyone have a source-code tree with compiled C routines for Windows 10? I _think_ that if I had the object code that I might be able to install with "setup.py".  Although this is speculation.

Does anyone have suggestions? Fixing the firewall thing (can't connect to proxy server) would be great, but I haven't  been able to do that. I called our internal tech support, and unfortunately, they have no experience with Anaconda and no clue what the error means or what to do about it.

I'd appreciate any help. Thanks!
Gerry