On the statsmodels.graphics.gofplots.ProbPlot function

Andreas VB

Aug 12, 2022, 8:10:14 AM8/12/22
to pystatsmodels
Hello all,

I hope this is the correct place to ask my question!

I am attempting to use the aforementioned function (ProbPlot) to calculate quantiles for two-sample Q-Q plots.

However it comes with an option for fitting parameters (location and scale) before calculating quantiles. Can someone please elaborate on what this fitting is, and when one should use it?

Here is a link to Cross Validated where I asked the same quesion:
https://stats.stackexchange.com/questions/585310/calculation-of-quantiles-with-fitted-parameters-in-python

Thank you for your time!

josef...@gmail.com

Aug 12, 2022, 9:53:11 AM8/12/22