Convert PRs to Draft

jseabold

Apr 2, 2021, 3:24:52 PMApr 2
to pystatsmodels
Thoughts on converting the PRs that are mostly for posterity / one day's sake to draft status? Then you can exclude them in the list with -is:draft in search. It satisfies the desire to keep these around "in case," have them be visible as unclosed, and also excludable when trying to figure out which PRs may need attention.

For example, I converted this one to draft to check the implications.

If this seems fine, I can either use judgment, ping on the PR, or stick a list here. Any strong preferences?

josef...@gmail.com

Apr 2, 2021, 4:40:42 PMApr 2
to pystatsmodels
On Fri, Apr 2, 2021 at 3:24 PM jseabold <jsse...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thoughts on converting the PRs that are mostly for posterity / one day's sake to draft status? Then you can exclude them in the list with -is:draft in search. It satisfies the desire to keep these around "in case," have them be visible as unclosed, and also excludable when trying to figure out which PRs may need attention.

For example, I converted this one to draft to check the implications.

No, I don't think it really makes sense to change the status of stalled PRs.
We have 156 open PRs, 56 are mine
My guess would be that we would have to convert a large majority (100+) of the existing PRs, and that just creates noise.

For example, in the last half year I worked another round on several PRs that I had opened in 2015. Several are now stalled again until I get out of the statsmodels.distribution topic.
Beta-regression has been stalled for a long time, but I just looked at it several times again as example for new classes of multiple link models, which will be coming "really soon".

What I have done in the opposite direction is to add label `prio-elev`, elevated priority, to issues or PRs that we should look at soonish.

I changed my work style and look at issues and PRs almost only by topic, except for higher priority and urgent ones.

Josef

If this seems fine, I can either use judgment, ping on the PR, or stick a list here. Any strong preferences?