Emax model fit

hui zhang

Apr 26, 2024, 8:08:41 AMApr 26
to pystatsmodels
Hi,  Could we fit the PK/PD Emax model using stats models. Or we can add sigmoid emax model to the api. Many thanks

josef...@gmail.com

Apr 26, 2024, 10:52:21 AMApr 26
to pystat...@googlegroups.com
Can you be more specific about what the model and parameters are?

From what I understand looking briefly at some online resources, which, based on only superficial skimming, are not very explicit about what parameters are estimated:

My guess is that statsmodels cannot estimate (most of) those models because we don't have a general nonlinear model estimator.

Our main models that are linear in parameters are based on link functions with linear predictor inside, that is
E(y | x) = f(x * beta)
where f maps into a fixed support, R, R+ or [0,1] interval.
For example sigmoid have known supports limits [0, 1]   (or [0, n], n known) for fractional or binomial data.
All other models assume that the mean function is linear in parameters.

The best python package for nonlinear least-squares with user provided nonlinear mean function is lmfit.

Josef