Continuous Boxplot

dany azig

Nov 11, 2023, 9:06:15 AM11/11/23
to pystatsmodels
I wish you a happy time.
I have been working with your valuable and powerful library for some time and have completed some interesting projects with its help. By searching your website, I got acquainted with the various features of your library, and in the Statistics and Tools section, Graphics sub-section, I came across interesting graphs called Functional Plots. I was inspired by the diagrams in this section and created an idea for my own project. I am currently working on modeling the temperature of different regions of the world and I thought I would share with you a graph I created for my research inspired by Functional Plots, so if you find it interesting, add the module to the library in this section, to make it publicly available. The point, of course, is that it is largely similar to the graphs in this section, but slightly different, and it is this difference that helped me to interpret the modeling conditions. I will send you the script, the data, and also the output plot that is the result of this code. I tested this code for six regions, and all regions produced well-detailed plots. The point I wanted to mention is that I am a beginner developer, so my code may be very basic and simple. The last point is that if this idea is interesting to you and you want to add it, maybe the title I chose for it, that is, Continuous Boxplot, is a suitable title. I will wait for your opinion.
Best Wishes.
Continuous Boxplot.png
Continuous Boxplot.csv
Continuous Boxplot.py

Rodrigo Veiga da Silva

Apr 12, 2024, 8:53:44 AMApr 12
to pystatsmodels
Congratulations!

I have written a similar code to plot Demand of Electric Vehicles. But I really like how you called it: "Continuous Boxplot". It resumes everything. Thank you for sharing! I really appreciate it.

dany azig

Apr 12, 2024, 9:40:01 AMApr 12
to pystat...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for your encouraging reply. I'm glad my effort has been helpful to you and given you a cue on how to name your idea.
Best Wishes.

mandar phatak

Apr 12, 2024, 10:43:03 AMApr 12
to pystat...@googlegroups.com
Hi folks
I have been trying replicate the external instrument VAR model from Gertler-Karadi 2015. I am facing issues in Cholesksy decomposition therefore not able to run it in the bootstrap. So what could be the problem? My guess was that may be I need to scale and normalize the data. As bootstrap worked for without using Cholesksy.
I will be grateful for your help and suggestions
Thanks and Regards
Mandar