new ideas for a short evening curriculum

lsblakk

Jun 16, 2011, 5:05:40 AM6/16/11
to PyStar
Hi all,

I'm going to be doing a smaller version of a PyStar in Paris next
week. Will be updating the site with whatever coding badges I create
for this - with translation!

Thinking of using http://syntensity.com/static/python.html so that
there's not any time spent on setting up the system. We can just go
right into data types and then a few small programs to show off logic.

Also just discovered http://rosettacode.org/wiki/Welcome_to_Rosetta_Code
--- what an amazing site full of simple tasks and algorithms
translated into various languages! Definitely worth looking into for
some of the more advanced PyStar attendees at future events.

How's everyone else doing? How was the last Minneapolis PyStar?
Seems like quite a community building.

Bear is helping set up hosting for the pystar site and we'll get
something going in Django so that we might be able to have a website
which comprises the Sphinx docs but isn't soley Sphinx. Of course
whatever we set up there will go into the pystar github.

Best of luck to Dana and Bear this weekend on the first PyStar Philly
- I hope you have a great day!

Cheers,
Lukas

Dana Bauer

Jun 18, 2011, 10:36:09 AM6/18/11
to pys...@googlegroups.com
Lukas,
Thanks for the well wishes! The first PyStar Philly is underway. We couldn't have done it without the help of the Amanda and Abby from Minneapolis, Lukas from San Francisco, and all the folks from Boston. Thanks everyone! I'll let you know how it goes!
Best,
Dana
--
Dana Bauer
Spatial analyst

Azavea  |  340 N 12th St, Suite 402, Philadelphia, PA 19107
T 215.701.7504  |  F 215.925.2663 | @geography76